Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome

I created this blog to challenge and encourage myself to write.

I wrote my first poem in the 7th grade as part of a class assignment. I don't remember the poem now but I do remember that it garnered a good grade but that was the end of my writing career because I just wasn't interested in it. But in the 10th grade I had a substitute teacher who was a poet and something happened in the week that she covered my English class that ignited a desire to write poetry. And from then on it's been on!

Not a lot of people even know I write poetry. I've shared the things I've written with even fewer people because it's my craft, what I consider my talent, that's for my entertainment. I have no desire to publish anything or make a career out of it, it's just my fun, my release, my therapy when needed, my outlet for expressing extreme joy or devastating pain.

But this blog for me will hopefully get me back into writing regularly. I can't recall the last time I wrote a poem, it's definitely been a few months. Ideally I would like to post daily but more realistically it'll be weekly and I want to post new stuff, not dig back into the archives and post something I wrote years ago. That's where the challenge comes in.

If inspired by something, I'll share that before posting my latest so...

Read, enjoy, share, critique...I'll take it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment