Monday, April 13, 2009

Napowrimo: Poem #13

So for today's prompt we were given this Wordle:

I couldn't get all the words in there, and I didn't just wanna start forcing them in if they didn't fit because I really like where this poem was going and I didn't wanna ruin it so I included what I could and I really liked the outcome. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it:

I take him back to a familiar hotel
To a room that always has the same smell
Where we play a game of show and tell
He tells me what he wants
I show him my body
And he climbs on top of me
And I can do nothing but stare at the ceiling
With the green chipped paint
But I divert my eyes when I find myself getting nauseous
Feeling like I want to faint
And I’m almost pushed over the edge
When his briny sweat I can taste in my mouth
And then he cums
And I’m done
And the jubilant look on his face
I wish he could share with me
Because maybe then I wouldn’t feel so dirty
Wanting so desperate to become clean
I contemplate jumping into the pool
From the balcony
But I don’t
I just follow my regular routine
Jump out of bed
Run a towel between my legs
And call that clean
Evidence of my acute shame has been wiped off of me
My value is folded up in the crumpled 20s he tossed at me
So I walk out the door and back down to the streets
On my way home
Cuz baby gotta eat

3 comments:

  1. uuuuumph . . . wow, this poem really went in. I enjoyed the rawness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gritty. And human, and, yes, raw. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not say this is "raw" but I can see how some do...some great words that come from wwithin and are very descriptive and of course human...keep up the great writing

    ReplyDelete